Gain an understanding of the core components that make up the information technology (IT)
landscape while preparing for the CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam.
In this introductory course, you will learn the basics of computer hardware, software, mobile
computing, networking, troubleshooting, and emerging technologies. You will learn about
configuring operating systems, file and folder management, networks and network
configuration, and the role of the OSI model in networking and troubleshooting. This course will
also prepare you for the CompTIA IT Fundamentals certificate exam.
Through presentations, demonstrations, and knowledge-based exercises, you will gain a
fundamental understanding of computer hardware, operating systems, computer application
software, networking technologies and protocols, web browsers, identifying security risks,
troubleshooting errors, and system maintenance. You will also learn about cutting-edge
technologies such as cloud computing and virtualization.
Who Needs to Attend
• IT novices who need a broad, fundamental understanding of IT and who want to learn
the basics of computers, computer software, mobile devices, networking, LANs and
WANs, data storage, and how IT infrastructures are monitored and managed. Ideal
• Entry-level and newly hired technical professionals, including PC support, help desk, and
• Sales and marketing professionals looking to increase their ability to communicate with
technical professionals and increase sales
• Executives who seek better-informed decision making
• Professionals seeking to prepare for the CompTIA IT Fundamentals Exam
Course is subject to a minimum enrollment. Course may run as a Virtual Instructor Led class if the minimum enrollment is not met. *Course cost listed does not include the cost of courseware. Please contact us at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-775-0244 for additional pricing information, or if you have any questions.