The typical student for this course is an experienced IT professional in a role such as desktop support technician, network administrator, systems administrator, or database administrator, who is looking for opportunities within the healthcare industry or may already be working within the healthcare industry. Such students want to prove through certification that they have the knowledge and skills required to implement, deploy, and support healthcare IT systems.
While there are no strict prerequisites, CompTIA intends the Healthcare IT Technician certificate to serve as an add-on to the CompTIA® A+® certification.
Students should have experience and comfort with the following concepts and tasks:
- Computer and networking terminology.
- The functional components of a computer and a network (both wired and wireless).
- Installing and troubleshooting Microsoft® Windows®XP and Windows® 7.
- Installing and troubleshooting software, hardware, and networking components.
- Working with computer peripherals.
- Setting up, maintaining, and troubleshooting mobile devices.
- Computer and network security best practices.
*Course Cost listed does not include the cost of courseware or lunch, required in your registration. Please refer to your Enrollment Sales Order or Invoice for the additional cost. If you have any questions, please contact us (email@example.com or 207-775-0244).